San Carlos EyeCare
Having purchased the vacant former office building of a failed general contractor, the husband and wife team of Dr. Ninh Tran and Dr. Nary Chum wished to retain some of the old improvements but, otherwise wanted a new visual identity for their successful optometry practice.
With the building featuring dual street frontages and public entries on both El Camino Real and a private off-street parking lot, we located the retail sales area on the busier street and the patient reception area off the quieter alley. Custom casework in both spaces designed by Studio S Squared creates an upscale and comfortable patient experience. The patient exam area features the latest in optical equipment.
- Scope of Work: Interior tenant improvement for Optometrist’s office
- Project Year: 2011
- Project Cost: $250,000
- Location: San Carlos, California
- Architect: Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.; Eugene H. Sakai, AIA, LEED® AP, Catherine Gutierrez
- Structural Engineer: BCA Structural Engineers, Inc.; Geoffrey Clifford, SE, President
- MEP Engineer: M/R Engineering, Inc.; Ramil Batiancila and Marlon Yolangco
- Contractor: FD Ouellette and Sons, Inc.; Bruce Ouellette
- Millwork Fabricator: DC Construction, Inc.; Donny Chu