Menlo Park Craftsman Second Story Addition III
Our design for this 1600 s.f. 2nd story addition to an existing 2700 s.f. one story Ranch style home accomplishes three major goals:
- Enhances the curb appeal from the street and gives the client the Craftsman look they want
- Allows the master suite to take advantage of the site’s big views to the back
- Improves access to the steeply sloping backyard by means of a multi-level deck with landscaped terraces
In addition, our design opens up the ground floor living area and turns the existing ground floor master suite into an guest bedroom for the grandparents. A dramatic top-lit open stairwell brings in additional light to the ground floor and provides for a more interesting interior entrance experience.
- Scope of Work: Remodel and addition of an existing one story, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house of 2,713.3 S.F. living area and 551.8 S.F. garage area on developed site. A 30.9 S.F. demolition and 1,622.1 S.F. addition will create a 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath house of 4,304.3 S.F. living area and 551.8 S.F. garage totaling 4,856.1 S.F.
- Project Year: 2016
- Project Cost: $750,001 – $1,000,000
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
Photography by Mark Pinkerton, VI360 Photography