Menlo Park Contemporary
Set on a lot of more than .27 acres in Central Menlo, a short stroll from downtown, this beautiful custom home will offer timeless luxury blended with the best of modern sustainability. With an anticipated construction start of Spring 2021, this luxury residence is nearly entirely energy self-sustainable, and features solar panels, a circulating hot water system, 13 separate heating/cooling zones, air filtration, and highly insulated walls for year-round temperature control.
Designed by Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc. and an outstanding local engineering team, this light-filled home features a flexible floor plan designed specifically for multi-generational living, remote working, and home entertaining. With multiple gathering spaces perfect for entertaining, the ground floor opens out to a spacious backyard with ample room for both soft play areas and a generous pool and spa. The kitchen overlooks an open dining and family room, which connects to a generous covered patio through a disappearing wall of glass.
Offering 7 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, and over 6,590 square feet of living space spread over 3 levels, this home is ideally suited for the active, eco-conscious large family. A ground level ADU is perfect for a parent, older child, or additional income, or can be used as part of the main residence. Topping it all off is a location within walking distance from downtown Menlo Park, with top-ranked public and private schools nearby.
The home is currently under construction with an expected completion date of Fall 2023.
About this home
- Set on a lot of more than .27 acres (12,028 square feet, per survey) in Central Menlo, this beautiful home offers 7 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, and 6,590 square feet of living space (per architect)
- Address will be changed to Cotton Street upon receipt of building permit
- This house will be highly sustainable, featuring solar panels, a circulating hot water system, high-end air filtration, state of the art heating and cooling with multiple zones per floor, and highly insulated walls for year-round temperature control
- With striking roof lines and refined materials, this distinctive design presents outstanding contemporary aesthetics
- 10’ ceilings at ground floor and basement, 9’ ceilings at 2nd floor. Great room has a 12’ ceiling clad with clear western red cedar
- A glassy 3 level landscaped atrium bring light and greenery into the center of the house
- Walls of glass on 2 levels open to the spacious and private backyard
- The dining area is open to the kitchen, which features slab countertops, a suite of Thermador appliances including an induction cooktop, and a walk-in pantry with 2nd refrigerator
- The family room includes a built-in entertainment center, fireplace, and a wall of glass that opens to the backyard patio. A continuous band of frameless clerestory windows brings in soft light throughout the day without compromising privacy
- Multiple bonus living areas including formal living, loft/lounge, ADU living opening to the pool deck, and basement rec room, gym, home theater, and wine room/wine bar.
- Interior design service by Studio S Squared’s interiors team included in sale price (inquire for more details)
- The expansive master suite overlooks the backyard and features an oversized walk-through closet, private balcony, and a spa-like en suite bathroom with two vanities, a soaking tub, and curbless shower
- Three additional en-suite bedrooms on the 2nd floor, perfect for a large family.
- Two ground floor en-suite bedrooms, perfect for home office and guest
- One additional en-suite in basement overlooking garden court
- All bedrooms feature walk in closets and option for either shower or tub/shower combination
- A delightful front courtyard with corten steel walls welcomes you to the home
- Covered front porch with built in bench
- Smart use of corner lot creates an expansive courtyard feel in the backyard
- Excellent mature privacy screening on both interior lot lines
- This home also includes an attached 2-car garage, as well as ample driveway parking
- Sport court, which can also be used for overflow off-street parking
- A convenient laundry room is located just off the garage, as well as upstairs laundry
- Ground floor powder room and basement gym bathroom with option to convert to a dry sauna
- This great location puts you mere moments to downtown Menlo Park, close to Venture Capital centers along Sand Hill Road, and offers easy access to Interstate 280
- Acclaimed public and private schools are nearby, including Oak Knoll Elementary, Hillview Middle, Sacred Heart, and Menlo School (buyer to verify)
- Project Year: 2020
- Cost: More than $2,000,000
- Location: Campbell, CA